4.01.2008

April is Cesarean Awareness Month!!!!!!!

So, it's April.
There is a blanket of snow on the ground here in Minnesota trying to fool us in to thinking winter will never end, soon though, spring will show it's blooming face.
I remember when I was 6 I wanted my flowers to bloom faster than they were one spring. I forced them open, it worked okay; opened them up, but they were not as beautiful as they could have been. They were forced to do something that they were not ready to do yet. Those flowers were never totally right, but the next spring I had learned to wait and when those flowers bloomed on their own, it was worth the wait.
It was the same plant, I just treated it differently. I trusted it. I let it be.
If a 7 year old girl can learn to trust and let something be, why can't grown ups? We are always trying to expedite things- push them to the end goal with no thought of the journey or what the consequences may be. This can be fixed, if only we can learn to let it happen.
Another thought about blooming, what is more like the budding, blooming springtime than a woman who is literally full of life? A woman 'great with child'?

It's Cesarean Awareness Month (CAM).

This month we should think about trust, about patience, about healing and about consequences.

We should think about the 31+% cesarean rate.

Jump on over to ICAN and learn a little more about Cesarean Awareness Month (CAM). Subscribe to ICAN while you're there!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really like your blog! I've been an email subscriber to ICAN for 5 yrs now - 2 vbacs later. I live in southwest MN.
Anyway, we should exchange email addys - I need more like-minded individuals in my life ;).
Blessings,
Vanessa

SheGotHipsLikeCinderella said...

Thank you! :)
You can reach me at shegothipslikecinderella at gmail dot com.

loyal readers